Supporting you to achieve your independence
Our mission at Spotlight Healthcare Services Ltd is to maximise the potentials of our clients and offer support with the transitional care which could be from a supported living scheme, family home or an inpatient setting, whilst integrating the clients back into the community.
As part of the care and social sector Spotlight Healthcare Service Ltd receives regular compliance checked from local and central authorities, we also ask our clients and their families for their feedback, and we are proud to share our reviews with you.
Spotlight Healthcare Service Ltd provides modern family homes with a relaxed environment for adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health issues in a fully staffed supported living scheme.
Spotlight Healthcare Services Ltd provides modern family homes with relaxed environment for adults with learning and/or mental health disabilities within a supported living scheme.
Our main aim is to empower our clients by promoting freedom of choice, independence, personal dignity, building confidence, and self-esteem.
Working alongside the local and boroughs councils and in partnership with social workers/health professionals, we provide a smooth transitional process where we support and encourage adults to maximize their full potential to reach their independence goals at their own pace.
WORKING FOR US
Working in the care sector can be highly rewarding and satisfying. As an ever growing and expanding Business we are often in need to expand our staffing team.
If you would like to apply for a position with us then please download the application form at the bottom of this page, complete and return
Spotlight HealthCare Services Ltd provides supported living to adult clients (both male and female) with learning and mental disabilities across five houses located in Leigh, Southend and Rochford. We have a great opportunity for a dedicated individual to join our team as a support worker to work across all of the above locations. As we provide support 24hrs a day, the right individual must be willing to work a shift patten that will include some "sleep in nights" where you will be paid a fixed fee for sleeping on site. As you will be working with venerable people a DBS check will be required. On the job training will be provided as well as an opportunity to gain qualifications in social care.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker :
• Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
• Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks (like cooking and cleaning), personal care
• Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication.
• Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
• Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
• Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying for things.
• Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping.
• Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
• Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
• Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of support.
• Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up and working to a focused support plan.
• Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.
A suitable Support Worker must have the following:
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good leadership skills.
• Desire to help improve the lives of others.
• Willingness to learn and develop your own skills.
• Enjoy being active and assisting service users when they go out into the community.
• Enjoy working creatively.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Must also be available to work a variety of shift patterns across 7 days per week this will include working a sleep-in shift (overnight).
• It would also be ideal if you are driver as there is a need to take the clients out on social trips and to medical appointments.
• The successful candidate will be eligible to an enhanced DBS check.
What Spotlight Health Care can offer you:
• Use of a company car for taking clients out and about.
• On the job training.
• Personal training and development program.
• criminal records check (DBS).